CVTA Adult League Policy
The Centennial Valley Tennis Association believes in fielding the strongest possible teams in our adult league programs. Additionally, we have an obligation to the members of the Association to conduct the league program in a fiscally responsible manner. Accordingly, in addition to USTA and CTA policies, the following rules apply for participation on our adult league teams:
- All players must be current members of the CVTA.
- It is the player’s responsibility to know his or her published NTRP rating. If they think their rating is published inaccurately, it is their responsibility to appeal it with the USTA by the published deadline.
- The CVTA follows the CTA’s 75% “at level’ regulation. See Colorado District League Regulations section 1.02J for complete details.
- For all leagues except USTA Mixed 18 and Over, USTA Mixed 40 and Over, USTA Adult 55 and Over, ITA Fall Mixed and CTA Adult 65 and Over, at least 75% of all payers on each team roster must be playing “in level”.
- Captains are encouraged to attempt to field a team of players “in level” before requesting players to play up.
- Players are encouraged to play at the level of their published rating.
- Captains have the discretion to limit the participation of players who are playing up to field the most competitive line up.
- Players are responsible for payment of all league and membership fees prior to playing their first match.
- Players must conduct themselves in accordance with “the Code” at all times when representing the CVTA in an adult league match.
- Each team determines whether all players play an equal amount or not. This is a team agreement rather than a CVTA policy and is determined on a team-by-team basis. It is the responsibility of prospective team members to understand the team’s philosophy prior to committing to that team.
- Membership in the CVTA does not guarantee participation on a league team. Availability is determined by many factors.